Picture This On Granite is proud to have helped built one of the only memorials dedicated to Women Veterans and nurses who served during the Vietnam Era, in the United States. This solid engraved granite monument can now be admired in the Hillsborough Veterans Park in Tampa, Florida.
Iraq Veterans Memorial, Vietnam Veterans Memorial and Committed Forces Walk can also be visited throughout the Park.
5 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About Women Veterans:
- Women Veterans have served in the U.S. Military since 1901. They began as members of the Army Nurse Corps.
- Women Veterans older than 35 outnumber non-veteran women in percentage who have a college degree.
- Female veterans who work year-round and full-time earn about $6,000 more than their non-veteran counterparts.
- There are over 2.2 million women veterans in the United States today.
- 18.9 percent of female veterans have a service-connected disability. That is nearly 3 percent more than male veterans.